DAY 1: MOMBASA – TSAVO EAST/SALT LICK
- Making an early morning start, you will drive on the Mombasa-Nairobi highway, to enter the Tsavo East National Park through the Bachuma gate.
- The morning part of your game drive in this park includes a visit to the Aruba dam, a popular man-made watering hole for game and one of the best places to view and photograph this park’s resident game.
- Lunch will be at a camp / lodge, mainly situated at the heart of the elephant country, where the natural water hole attracts big game including lion, cheetah, buffalo, waterbuck and a variety of birds from miles around.
- After lunch, you will drive through Tsavo to the Sarova Taita Hills Lodge, adjacent to the Tsavo West Park for check in and proceed on a short afternoon game viewing drive in the Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Early evening, you will be transferred to your lodge elevated on stilts and linked by raised walkways above ground commanding spectacular views of the flood-lit waterholes and surrounding grasslands, where elephant and buffalo can be seen throughout much of the year.
- An underground tunnel and chamber allows guests to closely and safely view wildlife at ground level. Dinner and overnight at the Sarova Saltlick Lodge.
DAY 2: SALT LICK – MOMBASA
- The following morning you will leave for an early morning game drive in this spectacular wildlife sanctuary before taking breakfast at the lodge.
- After breakfast you will check out and we leave for a game drive en-route back to Sarova Taita Hills Lodge.
- Here you will take your lunch and thereafter we will depart and drive down to Mombasa arriving at your hotel in the early evening.